Vacation, a wonderful time for family, friends, sightseeing and romance. I had the incredible pleasure of spending the weekend with my daughter in Seattle. Her house is perched in a wooded glen overlooking a large lake. Ahhhhhh romance. With my husband, not my daughter – honestly, where is your mind?
Whether you are looking for adventure, beaches, camping, or an exquisite hotel suite, romance is always in bloom. Making love on the sands of a secluded beach, in a tub filled with rose petals and the scent of lavender, a walk in the woods leading to a bit of “slap and tickle” against a bubbling stream, or a risqué romp on a balcony overlooking a big city – the world is full of enticing ways to enrich your love life.
According to Leisure Magazine, the Top Ten most romantic hotels in the U.S. are:
10. Greyfield Inn; Cumberland Island Georgia – an antique filled, bed and breakfast nestled in the wildlife-filled barrier island. A cozy retreat for the not-so adventurous lovers.
9. Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel; Dana Point, California – high above the cliffs of the Pacific, this hotel offers the best in luxurious accommodations and just the right feel for a bit of love making on the beach or the bedroom.
8. San Ysidro Ranch; Santa Barbara, California – for the western lover in all of us. Lasso your beau and tie him to the bed in this rustic, back to nature resort.
7. St. Regis Resort; Aspen, Colorado – fine dining, luxurious surroundings, beautiful spas and pools; just the thing for a relaxing or vigorous “skin to skin” with the lover of your choice.
6. Little Palm Island Resort and Spa; Little Torch Key, Florida. Can you imagine thatched-roof bungalows on a private 6-acre island? Can you imagine the seclusion you will have for a midnight rendezvous on the beach? Paradise!
5. The Lowell; New York, New York – for the city minded. After a long day of sightseeing, rest in the beauty of one of the many luxurious suites, dine at one of the finest restaurants, then sneak in a little nookie on the balcony.
4. Inn a Little Washington; Washington, Virginia – take a walk into yester-year with this beautiful early-20th-century house. The cozy atmosphere should get his libido roaring – no TV!
3. Four Seasons Resort Lanai, The Lodge at Koele; Lanai, Hawaii – need I say anything else? An island paradise, the sand, the surf, the sex!
2. Madrona Manor; Healdsburg, California – Victorian styling without the Victorian sexual restrictions. Beautiful rooms with fireplaces for slap and tickle in front of flames.
1. Four Seasons Resort; Jackson Hole, Wyoming – nestle in the clouds as you rest and romp in the Tetons. Fireplaces, old west Jackson Hole, picturesque views – romance is waiting for you!