Top Ten Love Songs of All Time by Billboard Top 100
Does music set the mood? Will a lyric take you back to a romantic spot, a dance, or a romp in the backseat of a car? Music creates an image with its rhythmic sounds. The waves wash over you like an ocean tide. Is there anything more romantic than the right theme?
Here are the Top Ten Love Songs of All Time, according to sales by Billboard Top 100. What do you think? What would you add? What would you delete?
10. “Unbreak My Heart” by Toni Braxton – Eh???? It was okay.
9. “We Belong Together” by Mariah Carey - I can think of other songs she did better.
8. “Hey Jude” by the Beatles – Really, it was written for Julian Lennon??????
7. “You Light Up My Life” by Debbie Boone – Ah memories, I danced to this song at the sixth grade stomp……wowowowowowow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. “Physical” by Olivia Newton John – OMG! The hairband and leg warmers!
5. “Macarena” by Los Del Rio – Are they kidding???? Who compiled this?????
4. “How Do I Live” by LeAnn Rimes – Ok, getting better.
3. “Mack the Knife” by Bobby Darin – I suppose if you like shark with lemon butter.
2. “Unchained Melody” by the Righteous Brothers – More like it.
I personally can think of many others that would fit nicely in this list. I believe I would omit most of these. How about “I Will Always Love You”, “Cannon in D”, “Amazed” and many, many others.
No accounting for purchasing power!